We’re all in this together!!!
Food for all:
To ensure more people have access to everyday essentials, we have introduced a storewide restriction of 3 items per customer on every product line and removed multi-buy promotions.
In product areas where demand is particularly high, we have simplified our range to get more of the most popular products on shelves.
We have introduced a special hour in stores for NHS workers as a thank you for all they are doing. On Sundays, they can browse our large stores and select their shopping an hour before the checkouts open. All we ask is, if you’re an NHS worker, that you bring a form of ID to store, such as an NHS staff card. We have listened to feedback and are looking at how we can extend this to include extra days from next week.
To ensure our more vulnerable and elderly customers can shop for what they need in our large stores, we have prioritised one hour every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning between 9-10am.
We know that it’s difficult right now to get a delivery slot for online shopping. We are at full capacity for the next few weeks and we ask those who are able to safely come to stores to do so, instead of shopping online, so that we can start to free up more slots for the more vulnerable. We are looking at every opportunity to increase the number of slots available. As we increase our capacity, we will also set aside more of these slots for our most vulnerable customers.
We have more stock coming into stores every day, with up to double the usual amounts of key essentials arriving – but we need everyone’s help: please buy only what you need, so that there is enough for everyone.
Safety for everyone
To ensure we are doing everything possible to reduce the risk of infection for our customers and colleagues, we will begin to introduce new social distancing measures in stores in the coming days.
- Floor markings in our car parks will help you to maintain safe distances when queuing.
- Where necessary, we will limit the flow of people coming into our stores to ensure they don’t get too congested.
- Hand sanitisers are being placed around our stores for customers and colleagues to use, as well as extra cleaning products to wipe down your trolley or basket.
- In some stores, we will introduce directional floor markings and new signage, to create a safe flow around the store.
- New floor markings will help you to keep a safe distance from others while waiting to pay.
- We are installing protective screens at our checkouts. Where possible, we will create separate entrances and exits to our stores, so that it’s easier to keep a safe distance from other shoppers.
Please check Newmarket’s store opening hours in advance – https://www.tesco.com/store-locator/uk/?bID=4483
- Before you leave home, please bring enough bags for your shop. If it’s raining, don’t forget an umbrella too, in case you need to queue outside the store.
- Try to shop with no more than one other person, which will help to reduce the number of people in-store at any one time.
- Please use our cleaning stations to wipe your trolley, basket, or Scan as you Shop handset.
- If possible, use card or contactless payments.
Please avoid shopping during our dedicated times for vulnerable and elderly people, and NHS workers, and be kind to our colleagues as they’re working hard to serve you.