Newmarket Town Council is responding to the Coronavirus pandemic by working to support the most vulnerable in our community by creating a helpline to direct those in need to the most appropriate source of help.
From Tuesday 24th March there will be a dedicated helpline 01638 667227 available from 8am – 8pm seven days a week.
The Town Council is also acting as a hub for volunteers and working with partner organisations to identify ways in which we can support organisations already working with the vulnerable in our community. It has links into the wider emergency response being provided by the Suffolk Resilience Forum.
Newmarket Town Council is working really hard to set itself up to best support the local community. If you have any enquiries or you would like to volunteer then please call the number above or email email@example.com
Those who are self-isolating and have nobody to help can contact the number if:
- They need help with shopping
- They’re suffering hardship
- They’re feeling worried or lonely and would like someone to call them for a friendly chat
- They have a dog that needs walking
- Or any other issue specifically related to self-isolating.
Volunteers are needed to help with:
- leaflet deliveries to keep the most vulnerable in our community informed
- helping deliver hot meals
- helping to pick up and deliver shopping
- to be a friendly voice at the end of the phone
- helping at the Foodbank.